Whether continuing on to college or university in Canada or elsewhere, or returning home to pursue other goals, VIHSP graduates benefit from a consistent, world-class academic program.
- This program is for high achievers, serious about their education and academic excellence.
- Students are fully integrated with Canadian students for durations of one or two semesters and all the way up to graduation.
- Students who benefit most from this program also appreciate other forms of enrichment such as music, art and sports.
- Instruction is based on the BC public school curriculum and includes the core subjects of English, mathematics, social studies (history), science, physical education and, if required, English as a second language.
- Instruction and support in English as a Second Language (ESL) assists students in their studies and enables them to achieve English fluency.
- Students can tailor their studies to suit their individual interests and career goals. In addition to required courses, students can choose from a wide range of elective subjects in fine arts, business education and applied skills.
- All courses are government approved and designed to prepare students for the challenges of continuing education or work.
- Many extracurricular opportunities are available.
- For information on Academic High School Program Graduation Requirements, click here.
Semester 1: September – January
Semester 2: February – June
A full-year program runs from September – June.
Please note: students will need to arrive one week prior to the start of school, to attend an orientation.
Program Fees *
(All fees in Canadian dollars)
|Homestay placement fee:
||$12,500 per year (2 semesters)
||$825 per month
||$800 per year
||If applicable (contact VIHSP office)
Fees are subject to change.
* Please see VIHSP Application Information for details on Academic High School Program fees
For instructions on how to apply for our programs, as well as detailed information on fees, payment methods, travel arrangements and refund policies
, please click here
to download the VIHSP Application Information
and VIHSP Application Form