Victoria is a world-famous tourist destination that has been ranked as one of the top 10 most beautiful cities in the world. Clean, quiet, friendly and safe, Victoria offers an unlimited array of things to see and experience and is the ideal location to study and learn about Canadian culture.
Year-Round Moderate Climate and Outdoor Recreation
- Capital city of the Province of British Columbia
- Located on the south end of Vancouver Island, on Canada's west coast
- Medium-sized city with a population of 350,000
- Outstanding scenery and natural beauty
- Rich in maritime history and tradition
- Easily accessed by direct flight into its international airport or by a short ferry ride from Vancouver, British Columbia or Seattle, Washington.
Advanced Learning, World-Class Sports, Entertainment and Culture
- Victoria boasts the mildest climate in Canada
- Low level of precipitation – much less than other nearby areas
- Summers are warm and dry - temperatures seldom exceed 25°C
- Temperatures rarely dip below freezing in winter
- Victoria ranks among the sunniest cities in the country
- Mild winters allow residents to pursue a variety of outdoor activities throughout the year, such as golf, rowing, hiking, sailing and cycling.
- Two renowned universities and a college: University of Victoria, Royal Roads University, Camosun College
- Arts and culture: world-class museum, IMAX theatre, a symphony, professional theatre companies, major regional art gallery
- Semi-professional soccer, hockey, baseball and lacrosse teams
- Home to world-class Olympic athletes in rowing, rugby, field hockey, diving, cycling and triathlons
- Modern 7,000 seat sports and entertainment venue attracts major concerts and other sports-entertainment events