The Greater Victoria School District’s Victoria International Student Programs (VISP) has a long standing reputation for delivering high-quality academic programs to international students from around the world.
- VISP is part of the Greater Victoria School District, a public school district in the Province of British Columbia, Canada
- VISP has been providing quality international education experiences since 1992.
- Curriculum is approved and accredited by the British Columbia Ministry of Education and taught by University and Government Accredited Teachers
- Academic program graduates are often accepted into top universities and colleges throughout Canada and around the world.
Outstanding Student Support
Our years of experience in international education have made us keenly aware of the unique needs of international students. To assist our students and encourage their success, we provide comprehensive support which includes:
- School-based international student advisors at each of our high schools and middle schools
- Our own registered homestay program
- Multi-cultural homestay placement officers
- An orientation for all new international students
- Professional, experienced program staff committed to student success
A Balanced Approach to Learning
The Academic High School Program instills a balanced and positive outlook in young minds. Students are encouraged to become active and full members of their school and neighbourhood communities through athletics, cultural activities, volunteering and other non-academic pursuits.
Flexibility to Meet Individual Needs
Each of our District’s government-certified schools has its own unique character and provides a wide range of course options.
No. We are responsible for administering international education programs in the Greater Victoria School District No. 61 (GVSD) which is a public school district in the Province of British Columbia. Our international students attend 7 secondary (Grades 9-12), and 10 middle (Grades 6-8) neighbourhood schools in the GVSD.